We're hiring for a General Manager - details below:
Applications are due by Midnight EST on Friday, March 9th, 2018.
Position: General Manager
About Sonorous Road Theatre & Film Studio
At Sonorous Road we hope our classes, shows, and workshops inspire you to become a complete artist. Our goal is to provide a nurturing and safe environment where artists can unleash their creativity and grow stronger as people. Whether you want to learn about acting, directing, costume and makeup designs or the technical aspects of filmmaking, we hope to support you on your journey.
About Sonorous Road Repertory Company
Sonorous Road Repertory is the professional company in residence at Sonorous Road Theatre & Film Studio. The goal of the organization is to present relevant and challenging professional theatre productions to the local Triangle area. The IRS has certified SR Rep as a 501c3 public charity with its operation overseen by a board of directors.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated, engaged, responsible leader to serve as the General Manager of Sonorous Road Theatre & Film Studio. The GM will report directly to Owner & Artistic Director Michelle Wells and be responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the organization. The GM will also serve as the administrator for the professional company in residence, Sonorous Road Repertory Inc. Additional details follow.
- Manage overall operations of Sonorous Road
- Central coordination of box office, staff, education programming, and marketing
- Identify funding opportunities available to the organization
- Manage the grant application process
- Devise and implement the annual fundraising plan which includes applying to private foundations, managing individual donor campaigns, corporate sponsorship and special fundraising events
- Prepare and monitor the operating budget
- Oversee ongoing office administration
- Engage the community to build and develop audiences and awareness of the organization
- Manage interns and volunteers
- Represent Sonorous Road at events
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Have organizational management experience
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Be self-motivated
- Experience in fundraising and marketing
- Knowledge of theatre production
- BA in a related field
- A motivated self-starter who enjoys working with managers and artists with diplomacy, discretion, professionalism, pragmatism and a can-do approach
- Excellent people management skills including building and leading teams
- Ability to prioritize a complex workload with excellent organizational skills.
- Calm and reassuring manner
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Highly organized with excellent administrative skills
- Able to take responsibility and make quick, informed, operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer literate
- Progressive, positive and forward thinking attitude
- Outgoing & Enthusiastic
- Actively Friendly
- Collaborative and creative
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Michelle Wells, Artistic Director of Sonorous Road, at email@example.com, with “General Manager Application” in the subject line.
Sonorous Road LLC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply.
Owner & Artistic Director, Michelle Murray Wells
$23,750 annual salary
Paid vacation and sick leave